To reach a staff member by email click on their name. If they are part of the TWIST program you can click on the logo to access the TWIST site. You must have an email client set up in order for your computer to auto detect the email link, If you don't click here to learn how to set it up. windows| mac
If you don't have a client set up and you just want to type the address use the following format for the teacher you are trying to reach: email@example.com
Standardized Testing Dates
8th Grade CogAT
September 18th- 20th
8th Grade PSAT
NO make ups will be administered
ESOL Access Testing
February 5th - 16th
Milestone End of Grade Testing
ELA Section 1 Wednesday, 4/11
ELA Section 2 Thursday, 4/12
ELA Section 3 Friday, 4/13
Math Section 1 Tuesday, 4/17
Math Section 2 Wednesday, 4/18
Science 8, Sections 1 and 2 Friday, 4/20
Social Studies 8, Sections 1 and 2 Monday, 4/23
All 6th and 7th grade students will complete the ELA and MA portions only.
8th graders who are NOT taking an EOC course will
complete all 4 subject tests.
Milestone EOC Testing
8th Grade Math and Science Carnegie Unit Classes only
Summer School Information for the 2017-2018 School Year will come out later in the year.
The following are dates and eligibility are for Summer School for 2016 and is intended for general information purposes only.
Summer School Dates
· 15 days of instruction
· June 13-15, 19-22, 26-29, July 3, 5, 6, 7 (July 7 is the ONLY Friday date)
· Summer school is offered in all three grade levels 6th, 7th, and 8th
· 6th and 7th grade students – Summer school will be offered to any 6th and 7th grade student not meeting promotion criteria of passing 5 out of 6 classes. Language Arts and Math must be two of the five subjects passed. Students may attend summer school for no more than two semester-long classes.
· 8th grade students – Summer School will be offered to 8th grade students not meeting promotion criteria of passing 5 out of 6 classes. Language Arts and Math must be two of the five subjects passed. Students who do not achieve grade-level or above on the reading and vocabulary domain of the Language Arts Georgia Milestones End of Grade and achieve the performance level of developing or higher on the Mathematics Georgia Milestones End of Grade Assessment will be required to retest at the end of Summer School. Re-testing will be held July 5th, 6th and 7th only.
Summer School hours
· 7 hours for students - - 7:30 AM – 2:30 PM- two sessions
Mr. Bryce Fulcher | Principal
Mr. Dawson Devitt | 7th Grade
Ms. Brittany Haddock | Curriculum
Ms. Jennifer Lawrence | 8th Grade
Ms. Wenda Peltz | 6th Grade
Cafeteria Manager- Marilyn Tanksley
Head Custodian - Normis Garcia
In School Suspension
Academics at Lanier
Lanier Middle School students are challenged everyday by their teachers in their classes. With a rigorous instructional day that includes opportunities to explore, design and collaborate, students at Lanier Middle School are prepared to
Learn, Lead, and Succeed.
Contact Connect Communicate
6482 Suwanee Dam Road
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
P: 770.945.8419 F: 770.271.5108
Lanier Middle School wishes to meet the needs of all our students and families. If any member of your family needs assistance or has any questions regarding mobility impaired issues or handicapped access, please contact the school at 770.945.8419. Webpages within this site may lead to external pages that are outside the GCPS Network, therefore GCPS can not control the content of these pages.
Copyright 2017 | Lanier Middle School | All Rights Reserved